Description: 3DR XD Enclosures
Richards Electric Motor Co. has been designing and fabricating Industrial and Commercial Electrical Control Panels and Automation Systems for a multitude of industries/applications for over 40 years.
Designed to house the main power supply in an external enclosure on the right side of the main enclosure, keeping the live side of the power supply separate from the primary electrical equipment. Provides protection from dirt, dust, oil, and water and can house most standard type disconnects. For outdoor application, a drip shield and drain vent are recommended.
- 0.125 In. carbon steel.
- Seams continuously welded and ground smooth.
- Flange trough collar around all sides of the door opening.
- Body stiffeners in large enclosures for extra rigidity.
- Heavy-duty lifting eyes anchor into the reinforced top.
- Concealed hinges.
- Black zinc die-cast padlocking handles.
- 3-point latching mechanism.
- Large removable print pockets.
- Pour in place oil & water-resistant gasket
- Removable panels are mounted on collar studs.
- Defeater on the master door requires a screwdriver to open.
- Mechanical interlock activated by the External Disconnect prevents the main door of the enclosure from being closed unless the EXD enclosure is first closed.
- Ground stud on door & body.
- Provisions for the light kit.
- Hole plugs provided to seal holes in the bottom of the enclosure.
Finish: ANSI-61 gray powder coating inside and out. Sub-panels are powder-coated white.
Part numbers ending in “G” have galvanized subpanels installed.
Industry Standards -(IS4)
- NEMA Type 3R, 4, 12, and Type 13
- UL Listed Type 3R, 4 and 12
- CSA Type 3R, 4 and 12
- IEC 60529
- IP 55
Notes: Disconnect switch (or circuit breaker) and operating mechanism are not furnished with enclosure.
*Part numbers ending in “G” have galvanized sub-panels installed.
Special Instructions apply for IS3, IS4, and IS6 to maintain the environmental rating of Type 3R for these parts. Instructions are located on the enclosure door. A drip shield is required on IS3, a drip shield is recommended on IS4 and IS6. Drain holes are required on all.
Part Number: SCE-72XD3EQ18, SCE-72XD3EQ18G, SCE-72XD3EW18, SCE-72XD3EW18G, SCE-84XD3EW18, SCE-84XD3EW18G,
There are no reviews yet.